When you fail to decide what to cook? Go for cooking potatoes. Try this recipe and we bet you will love it. Potatoes are most loved by food lovers as it can be used in multiple ways. You might be thinking eating potatoes will make you fat? But the reality is it will provide you with a required amount of starch, thiamine and niacin. Let’s know how to cook this Kung Fu Potato!
- For making this you will require some boiled as well peeled potatoes.
- You will require 6 spring onions.
- Ginger chopped of 1 inch equally.
- Chop 4-5 Garlic cloves and Dry red chili broken- 3-4.
- Oil- 4 tablespoon while soya sauce- 2 tablespoon.
- Corn flour/ corn starch- 2 tablespoon.
- Vegetable stock- 1 cup.
- Salt (as per requirement) and Sugar- 2 tablespoon.
- Chili oil- 2 tablespoon.
- Red chili sauce- 1 tablespoon.
- Roasted peanuts- 1/4 cup.
- Spring onion greens- 2 stalks.
First, take a non-stick pan and heat the oil. Cut the potatoes in cube size and add to the heated pan. Let the kung fu potatoes do some kung fu on a shallow flame. Fry until it turns light golden in color and drains the extra oil of potatoes on a tissue paper.
Slice spring onion bulbs and finely chop garlic as well as ginger. Then mix the cornflour in ¼ vegetable stocks and keep it aside.
Then heat the chili oil in a different nonstick pan, add chilies and sauté for a ½ minute or till crisp. Add onion, garlic as well as ginger to sauté till it becomes soft. Mix soya sauce, red chili sauce, salt, sugar, and peanut and leave it for some minutes.
Add the remaining vegetable stock, cornflour mixture to the pan and cook till the sauce gets thick. Chop spring onion and add potatoes. The Kung fu potatoes are ready to be served with garnished spring onion.